Difference between revisions of "NGSolve6"
(Created page with '__NOTOC__ __NOTITLE__ = NGSolve = New documentation: https://gitlab.asc.tuwien.ac.at/jschoeberl/ngsolve-docu/wikis/home NGSolve is a general purpose finite element library. It…')
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= NGSolve =
= NGSolve =
Latest revision as of 11:27, 14 December 2016
New documentation: https://gitlab.asc.tuwien.ac.at/jschoeberl/ngsolve-docu/wikis/home
NGSolve is a general purpose finite element library. It is opensource under the LGPL license. NGSolve must be linked to a mesh-handler such as Netgen. It supports basic application classes (heat flow, linear elasticity, electromagnetics), and and be extended by several modules (fluid dynamics, wave equations, mechanics, ...)
Features of NGSolve
- Elements of arbitrary order for any shape (segm, trig, quad, tet, prism, pyramid, hex)
- Scalar elements and vector-valued elements for H(curl) and H(div)
- Solvers for Heat-flow, elasticity, Stokes, Maxwell, etc. etc.
- Iterative solvers with multigrid preconditioning
- Error estimators and adaptive mesh refinement
- Intensively object oriented (C++ expression templates)
NGSolve is available from sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngsolve