Chiara Gavioli PhD
My research focuses on problems arising in materials science, which are tackled employing techniques from the theory of PDEs and from the Calculus of Variations.
Some research topics are:
- modelling of phase transitions,
- PDEs with hysteresis,
- regularity of solutions to the obstacle problem,
- homogenization and analysis of high-contrast materials.
- On a viscoelastoplastic porous medium problem with nonlinear interaction. In SIAM J. Math. Anal., 53(1) (2021), 1191-1213.
- Higher differentiability for a class of obstacle problems with nearly linear growth conditions. In Atti Accad. Naz. Lincei Rend. Lincei Mat. Appl., 31(4) (2020), 767-789.
- Fatigue and phase transition in an oscillating elastoplastic beam. In Math. Model. Nat. Phenom., 15 (2020), Art. No. 41.
- Control and controllability of PDEs with hysteresis. In Appl. Math. Optim., to appear (2020).
- A priori estimates for solutions to a class of obstacle problems under p,q-growth conditions. In J. Elliptic Parabol. Equ., 5(2) (2019), 325-347.
- Higher differentiability of solutions to a class of obstacle problems under non-standard growth conditions. In Forum Math., 31(6) (2019), 1501-1516.
- On the null-controllability of the heat equation with hysteresis in phase transition modeling. In Extended Abstracts Spring 2018, Trends in Mathematics, vol 11. Birkhäuser, Cham (2019), 63-71.