13th International Symposium on Hysteresis Modeling and Micromagnetics (HMM 2023)
TU Wien, June 4-7, 2023
Public transport in Vienna
The venue of HMM 2023 is very close to the underground station Karlsplatz, which is served by the underground lines U1 (red), U2 (purple), and U4 (green). To plan your journey, you can use the online planner of the Viennese public transport. A ticket for a single trip in one direction (core zone of Vienna, so-called Zone 100) costs EUR 2,40.
- An overview of the available time tickets can be found at this link.
- 'On the fast track', the map of Vienna's underground, suburban rail (S-Bahn), city airport, and Badner Lokalbahn service, can be downloaded from the following link.
Traveling to Vienna
Arrival by train
If you arrive at Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna main station), follow the red sign to the underground U1. Take the U1 (direction Leopoldau) to Karlsplatz (2 stops).
If you arrive at Wien Westbahnhof (Vienna west station), follow the orange sign to the underground U3. Take the U3 (direction Simmering) to Stephansplatz (5 stops). Then, follow the red sign to the underground U1. Take the U1 (direction Reumannplatz) to Karlsplatz (1 stop).
Arrival by plane
If you arrive at Vienna International Airport (VIE), follow the signs to the airport train station. Then, you have three main options:
- We recommend that you go to platform 1-2 and take one of the regional trains (railjets) directed to one of the other main Austrian cities (e.g., with final destination Graz, Linz or Salzburg), which stops at Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna main station). Then, follow the red sign to the underground U1. Take the U1 (direction Leopoldau) to Karlsplatz (2 stops). Alternatively, from the airport train station you can also take the S-Bahn S7 (in direction Wien) to Wien Mitte-Landstraße (8 stops). Then, follow the green sign to the underground U4. Take the U4 (in direction Hütteldorf) to Karlsplatz (2 stops). For both these options, the one-way ticket (2 zones) from Vienna International Airport (to any place in Vienna) costs EUR 4,30.
- You go to platform 3 and take the City Airport Train (CAT), which goes directly to Wien Mitte-Landstraße (no intermediate stops). Then, proceed with the U4 as before. A one-way ticket for the CAT costs EUR 14,90. An open return ticket costs EUR 24,90. Note that the CAT ticket does not include the one for the Viennese public transport, which must therefore be purchased separately.
- You take a taxi. To lower the costs, we recommend that you book your transfer from the airport in advance with one of the several companies offering this service. Then, the cost for a one-way transfer from/to the airport is ca EUR 35.