13th International Symposium on Hysteresis Modeling and Micromagnetics (HMM 2023)
TU Wien, June 5-7, 2023 (with welcome reception in Vienna City Hall on Sunday evening, June 4, 2023)
The biennial International Symposium on Hysteresis Modeling and Micromagnetics (HMM) is an interdisciplinary forum for discussion of the most recent advancements in the fields of hysteresis modeling and micromagnetics. It aims to bring together scientists with various backgrounds (e.g., mathematicians, physicists, engineers, and materials scientists) to exchange ideas and to present new approaches and results.
The 13th edition of HMM will take place from June 5 to June 7, 2023 at TU Wien (Vienna, Austria). Invited by the major of Vienna, all participants of HMM 2023 can participate in a welcome reception (including joint dinner) at the Vienna town hall on the evening of June 4, 2023. Following the tradition of the symposium, the scientific program of HMM 2023 will consist of a single session with invited keynote lectures, contributed talks and posters (no parallel sessions). The working language of the conference is English. The local organizing committee and the scientific and program committee, in agreement with the HMM international steering committee, believe that an interdisciplinary forum like HMM should be held in person. Therefore, HMM 2023 is planned as a fully in-person event. The local organizing committee will constantly monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and the associated government regulations in order to ensure a safe in-person meeting.
The support of
- TU Wien,
- the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) through the Special Research Program (SFB) Taming complexity in partial differential systems (grant F65),
- the research platform MMM Mathematics-Magnetism-Materials of the University of Vienna,
- the Vienna Center for Partial Differential Equations (ViennaPDE),
- the Vienna Convention Bureau,
- and the City of Vienna (Stadt Wien Kultur)
is thankfully acknowledged.
HMM 2023 will cover contributions related (but not restricted) to the following topics:
- Mathematical modeling of hysteresis
- Preisach, Jiles-Atherton and vector hysteresis modeling
- Classical and quantum spin models, random-field models and frustrated magnetism
- Novel developments in micromagnetics, link to other physical models
- Magnetic excitations and solitons
- Ab-initio, atomistic and multiscale modeling
- Modeling of thermal effects in magnetism
- Modeling of magnetization dynamics and spintronics
- Modeling of individual magnetic nanostructures and their interactions
- Modeling of magnetic systems for technological and biomedical applications
- Mathematical and numerical analysis of partial differential equations with hysteresis
- Mathematical and numerical analysis of partial differential equations in micromagnetics
- Experimental studies and model validation
Local organizing committee
- Dirk Praetorius, TU Wien, Austria
- Michele Ruggeri, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Thomas Schrefl, University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria
- Dieter Suess, University of Vienna, Austria
|Abstract submission opening||January 16, 2023|
|Abstract submission deadline|
|Registration opening||March 1, 2023|
|Notification of decision on abstracts|
|Registration deadline (early bird)||March 31, 2023|
|Registration deadline (standard)||April 30, 2023|
|HMM 2023||June 5-7, 2023|
UPDATE (March 12, 2023): The submission of abstracts for contributed talks is now closed. Submission of abstracts for contributed posters is still possible (until March 26, 2023). Abstracts will be reviewed on a rolling basis and authors will be advised of acceptance/rejection of their abstracts shortly after submission. Please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question.
Be careful of scams!
We have been made aware of very convincing scams. HMM participants may be contacted by email/phone by companies to arrange accommodation for the symposium or to pay the registration fee via PayPal. Please note that TU Wien is the only institution organizing HMM 2023 and no company has been authorized to arrange anything related to HMM. In particular, the HMM organizers will never contact you requesting credit card details or PayPal payments. If you are contacted by such companies, please let the organizers know as soon as possible.