Computational Methods in Applied Mathematics (CMAM 2022)
TU Wien, August 29 - September 2, 2022
The conference is organized under the aegis of the journal Computational Methods in Applied Mathematics (CMAM) and will be focused on various aspects of mathematical modeling and numerical analysis. Its scope coincides with the scope of the journal: It aims at fostering cooperation between researchers working in the area of theoretical numerical analysis and applications to modeling, simulation, and scientific computing. This is the 9th conference following earlier ones in Minsk in 2003, Trakai in 2005 (CMAM-2), Minsk in 2007, Bedlewo in 2010 (CMAM-4), Berlin in 2012, Strobl in 2014 (CMAM-6), Jyväskylä in 2016 (CMAM-7), and Minks in 2018 (CMAM-8).
The 9th edition of the conference, initially planned on July 2020, has been postponed due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and the slow progress on the vaccination in Europe. It will take place from August 29 - September 2, 2022.
The support of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) through the Doctoral School (DK) Dissipation and dispersion in nonlinear PDEs (grant W1245) and the Special Research Program (SFB) Taming complexity in partial differential systems (grant F65), as well as of TU Wien and the Vienna Center for Partial Differential Equations is thankfully acknowledged.
The scientific program of CMAM 2022 will include
- invited plenary lectures
- thematic minisymposia
- parallel sessions with contributed talks
- and a poster session.
Be careful of scams!
We have been made aware of very convincing scams. Participants of the CMAM conference may be contacted by email/phone by companies to arrange accommodation for this conference or to pay the conference fee via PayPal. Please note that TU Wien is the only institution organizing CMAM 2022 and no company has been authorized to arrange anything related to CMAM. In particular, the CMAM organizers will never contact you requesting credit card details or PayPal payments. If you are contacted by such companies, please let the organizers know as soon as possible.
Computational Methods in Applied Mathematics
Editor-in-Chief: Carsten Carstensen
Managing Editor: Piotr Matus
Publisher: DeGruyter (ISSN 1609-9389)
IMPACT FACTOR 2018: 1.218
Invited plenary speakers
The following distinguished scientists had accepted to give a plenary lecture for the initial 2020 conference dates. Their participation in 2022 is subject to confirmation.
- Daniele Boffi, KAUST, Saudi Arabia (confirmed)
- Thomas Führer, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, Chile (confirmed)
- Philipp Grohs, University of Vienna, Austria (confirmed)
- Jun Hu, Peking University, China (confirmed)
- Barbara Kaltenbacher, University of Klagenfurt, Austria (confirmed)
- Dalibor Lukas, Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic (confirmed)
- Svetozar Margenov, IICT, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria (confirmed)
- Neela Nataraj, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India (confirmed)
- Christoph Ortner, University of British Columbia, Canada (confirmed)
- Amiya Kumar Pani, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India (confirmed)
- Sergei Pereverzyev, RICAM, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria (confirmed)
- Rob Stevenson, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands (confirmed)
- Andreas Veeser, University of Milan, Italy (confirmed)
- Thomas Wihler, University of Bern, Switzerland (confirmed)
- Jun Zou, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (confirmed)
International scientific committee
- Carsten Carstensen, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- Ulrich Langer, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Piotr Matus, Institute of Mathematics (National Academy of Sciences), Belarus
- Dirk Praetorius, TU Wien, Austria
- Sergey Repin, Steklov Mathematical Institute (Russian Academy of Sciences), Russia & University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Petr Vabishchevich, Nuclear Safety Institute (Russian Academy of Sciences), Russia
Local organizing committee
- Michael Feischl, TU Wien, Austria
- Dirk Praetorius, TU Wien, Austria
- Michele Ruggeri, TU Wien, Austria
|Deadline for proposals of minisymposia||February 1, 2022|
|Notification of acceptance (minisymposia)||February 28, 2022|
|Deadline for abstract submission (oral & poster contributions)||April 1, 2022|
|Notification of acceptance (oral & poster contributions)||April 30, 2022|
|Registration deadline (early bird)||June 1, 2022|
|Registration deadline (standard)||August 1, 2022|
|Conference||August 29 - September 2, 2022|