The Institute of Analysis and Scientific Computing is located at
- Freihaus building of TU Wien,
- Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10, 1040 Wien,
- green section (floor 3, 4, and 6).
The Freihaus building of TU Wien is very close to the underground station Karlsplatz (U1, U2, U4).
Public transport in ViennaThe institute is very close to the underground station Karlsplatz (U1, U2, U4). To plan your journey, you can use the online planner of the Viennese public transport. A ticket for a single trip in one direction (core zone of Vienna, so-called Zone 100) costs EUR 2,40.
Travel to Vienna
Arrival by train
If you arrive at Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna main station), follow the red sign for the underground U1. Take the U1 (direction Leopoldau) to Karlsplatz (2 stops).
If you arrive at Wien Westbahnhof, follow the orange sign for the underground U3. Take the U3 (direction Simmering) to Stephansplatz (5 stops). Then, follow the red sign for the underground U1. Take the U1 (direction Reumannplatz/Oberlaa) to Karlsplatz (1 stop).
Arrival by plane
If you arrive at Vienna International Airport (Flughafen Wien-Schwechat), follow the signs and for the airport train station. Then, you have two options:
- We recommend that you go to the platform and take the S-Bahn S7 (in direction Wien) to Wien Mitte-Landstraße (8 stops). Then, follow the green sign for the underground U4. Take the U4 (in direction Hütteldorf) to Karlsplatz (2 stops). Alternatively, from the airport train station you can also take one of the regional trains (railjets) directed to other Austrian cities (e.g., with final destination Graz, Linz or Salzburg), which stops at Wien Hauptbahnhof. For both these options, the one-way ticket (2 zones) from Vienna International Airport (to any place in Vienna) costs EUR 4,20.
- You might go to the platform and take the City Airport Train (CAT), which goes directly to Wien Mitte-Landstraße (no intermediate stops). Then, proceed with the U4 as before. The one-way ticket for the CAT costs EUR 12,00 plus EUR 2,40 for the underground resp. EUR 14,40 for a combined one-way ticket.